Our Commitment to You
Your Personal Information
“Personal Information” is defined as information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. This is a very broad definition and may encompass most types of information held such as race, medical, criminal, employment and financial history. The legislation only applies to information collected, used or disclosed in the course of commercial dealings.
It also includes, for example, an individual’s address, telephone number, date of birth, family status, marital status, occupation, driver’s license, driving record information, mortgage and loan details, an individual’s previous insurance experience, including claims history, individual’s driving record, policy number and vehicle identity number.
We recognize that some Personal Information is highly sensitive, and we consider the sensitivity of the information in deciding how we will use it, and, if appropriate, disclose it, and in how we will obtain your consent to such use and disclosure.
Safeguarding Personal Information
Confidentiality is a priority for us and we take all the necessary measures to safeguard the privacy of the Personal Information contained in your file, whether you purchase your insurance through our service or not. We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol, which is among the best Internet security software in the world along with VeriSign certificates for securing the exchange of confidential data. This security technology encrypts the Personal Information that you send us (including things like names, addresses, emails and telephone numbers), so it cannot be read by anyone as it travels over the Internet. We will continue to evaluate and adopt new security technology as it becomes available.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information about you, including information obtained as a result of your relationship with us and others. We may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for several purposes, including:
- To communicate effectively with you;
- To develop and maintain our relationship with you, including inviting you to comment on the services we provide to you;
- To process your application or quote for services, and share your information with the providers of those services;
- To provide and administer the services you have requested;
- To approve transactions;
- To verify your identity and to protect all parties from errors and fraud;
- To verify your eligibility for certain services;
- For marketing analysis purposes and to track and analyze your purchases and other transactions (including the number and amount of transactions by type, product code information, brand, etc.),
- For research and statistical analysis purposes (we anonymize information used for such purposes to the extent possible);
- For testing, such as when updating systems or adding new vendor relationships (we anonymize information used for such purposes to the extent possible);
- To provide you with information about other services offered by us, our co-venturers and select unaffiliated entities, which we believe may be of interest to you;
- For promotions, printing, contests and associated administration;
- For data processing, website administration or information technology support;
- To respond to inquiries about your application, account, insurance policy or any other business that you have with us;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
Your health information may be required to establish your eligibility or rate for certain insurance services or to process a claim. However, this information is not used or disclosed for any other purpose.
Our Opt-Out Policy
You have the option to refuse or withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information as follows:
- You may choose not to provide certain Personal Information to us. Please understand that this may limit our ability to serve you, and may prevent us from providing certain services to you.
- You may, with reasonable written notice, withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions.
- You may request, by reasonable written notice, that you not receive personalized direct marketing communications from us. However, due to printing and distribution schedules, you may continue to receive some communications that were in progress before we were able to process your request.
- If you advise us in writing that you do not wish to receive any marketing communications from us, we will do our best to accommodate your request, within current industry standards and our technical capabilities. This will not limit information that we may send to you with your account statement, or discussions with any of our associates.
- If you have previously sent a written request to us not to receive marketing communications from us, we will continue to honour that request
- You may, with reasonable notice, request to opt-out from any disclosure to merchants of any changes to your account, including the account number, any card number or card expiry dates, and the status of your account.
If accommodating your request would limit or prevent us from providing you with a product or service you have requested, where possible, we will explain the implications of your request to you in order to help you make an informed decision.
You may contact us regarding your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information at the addresses shown in the ‘How to contact us’ section below or Contact Us
Accessing Your Personal Information
Requests for disclosure of your Personal Information must be made in writing, by fax, email, or letter. Upon such request, we will provide you with reasonable access to your Personal Information that is in our possession. It is important to verify that the individual requesting information is in fact the person in question. For this reason we demand that all inquiries be in writing and that our responses, also in writing are sent to the address we have on file. We will also update and/or correct your Personal Information as required. It is your responsibility to provide updates on changes to your Personal Information.
If we are unable to provide you with access to your Personal Information, we will provide reasons for our inability to do so, unless we are prohibited from doing so by law.
How to Contact Us
Bullfrog Insurance Ltd.
25 Watline Avenue
For both training and quality of service purposes it is possible that telephone conversations may be recorded or monitored.