Commercial General Liability Insurance for Medical Clinics
Commercial general liability coverage for medical clinics covers you, your employees and your company if you are sued for causing property damage or bodily injury to a third party due to negligent acts. Here are some key definitions:
- Bodily injury – physical harm to an individual’s body.
- Property Damage – physical damage or destruction of property.
- Negligent Acts – a failure to exercise appropriate care.
- Third party – someone who is not employed by your medical clinic such as a client, vendor, or random passersby.
This protection can help cover your legal expenses, including defense costs, judgement awards, and settlements. This applies whether your medical clinic is at fault or not.
Let’s say a patient slips and falls while leaving your office. They could sue you for damages including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Commercial general liability coverage could help your medical clinic cover costs associated with this lawsuit.
We offer a few levels of coverage to choose from for medical clinics:
- $2 million
- $3 million
- $4 million
- $5 million
When choosing the amount of protection you need, consider the following:
- Where your medical clinic operates
- The number of employees you have
- Your annual revenue
- The likelihood of a lawsuit and expected expense of a lawsuit