With over 6 million people and 200,000 businesses in the Toronto area, this region is an integral part of the Canadian economy. From global corporations to home-based small businesses, Toronto is home to companies of all shapes, sizes and industries. We figured business owners might want a break when it comes to figuring out their insurance. That’s why we’re proud to offer online commercial general liability insurance in Toronto! Get instant coverage, rockstar treatment and no bull with Bullfrog.
How to Get Commercial General Liability Insurance Online in Toronto
We make it easy to get commercial general liability insurance online in Toronto:
- Enter your profession.
- Provide some basic contact information.
- Answer some questions about your business operations.
- Choose your insurance coverages.
- Review your Toronto commercial general liability insurance quotes.
- Choose your provider.
- Pay online.
Once you’ve paid, you’re insured! We’ll email your certificate of insurance and policy documents to you right away. It’s really that simple.
The Cost of Commercial General Liability Insurance in Toronto
Depending on your industry and insurance provider, commercial general liability insurance starts at $500 to $1000 per year. Your costs may be higher – it depends on your risks.
Here are a few examples of rates:
- A grocer with an annual revenue of $250,000 and $2 million of commercial general liability insurance would likely pay around $1000 each year.
- A retailer selling kids ride-on cars with the same revenue and amount of coverage as the grocer could pay $10,000.
- A carpenter or drywall specialist with $2 million commercial general liability insurance in Toronto would likely pay between $500 and $1000.
- A roofer or remediation specialist with the same amount of coverage would likely pay $2500 or even higher.
The cost of commercial general liability insurance in Toronto will depend on your company’s level of risk.
What affects commercial general liability insurance rates in Toronto?
The following factors can affect commercial general liability insurance rates in Toronto:
- Your insurance coverage options
- Your industry
- Your business operations
- Number of employees
- Annual revenue of your business
- Where your company operates
- The physical location of your business
- Your insurance history
Remember, every insurance company calculates rates differently. That’s why we offer you Toronto commercial general liability insurance rates from different insurers. You know you’re getting the best price for your protection.
Toronto Commercial General Liability Insurance Coverage
Commercial general liability insurance covers Toronto businesses if they’re sued for causing bodily injury or property damage to a third party due to negligent acts. Whew, that’s a mouthful. What do these words actually mean?
- Bodily Injury – if someone is physically injured.
- Property Damage – damaged or destroyed property.
- Third Party – someone who is not employed by your business, including clients, vendors, and random passersby.
- Negligent Acts – anything that is considered to be undue care in a specific circumstance.
If you’re sued for this reason, your legal expenses will be covered regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit. This includes your defense costs, judgement awards and settlements.
All of Bullfrog’s Toronto commercial general liability insurance policies are occurrence-based. This means that you’re covered as long as the incident occurred during the period of time you were insured with us, regardless of when you’re sued.
For example, say you’ve been insured for us for 5 years before you decide to sell your business. Once your business sold, you’ve cancelled your insurance. In the year before you sold, an individual slipped and fell on your premises, injuring themselves. However, they decide to sue over a year later – after you’ve already cancelled your insurance policy. No worries – with Bullfrog, you’d still be protected as the incident occurred when you still had a policy with us.
Here are a few claims examples where commercial general liability insurance would help protect your Toronto business:
- An unsupervised kid gets hurt on your premises. The parents sue your business.
- An employee accidentally knocks over paint cans which ruin the client’s flooring. The client sues you.
- A service provider trips over something and sues your business for their injuries.
- Someone slips and falls, hurting themselves, while walking down the sidewalk outside of your business during winter.
- A client slips and falls while getting a tour of the worksite. They sue your company for their injuries.
What isn’t covered by commercial general liability insurance in Toronto?
Commercial general liability insurance is designed to protect Toronto businesses in a specific circumstance: if they’re sued for causing injury or property damage to a third party due to negligence. This type of insurance won’t cover your business for anything else, including:
- Intentionally caused injury or damage
- Injury or damage caused when driving a vehicle
- Damage to your company’s property
- Injury to your company’s employees
- Financial loss caused due to your professional service or advice
A full list of exclusions can be found in your policy documents. There may be other insurance products that can help protect your business from the risks not covered by Toronto commercial general liability insurance.
How much commercial general liability insurance do Toronto businesses need?
The amount of commercial general liability insurance needed by Toronto businesses depends on a few factors:
- Business operations
- Annual revenue
- Number of employees
- Location of premises/worksites
- Where the company operates (internationally, nationally, provincially)
Every company has different risks so may need a different level of insurance. At Bullfrog, we offer a range of coverage amounts to fit every business’ needs. If you’re really not sure how much protection you need, feel free to contact one of our insurance experts via online chat, email or phone.
Do businesses need commercial general liability insurance in Toronto?
It’s a good idea for businesses to carry commercial general liability insurance for two reasons:
- To protect their business against the devastating financial impacts of a lawsuit.
- To meet contract requirements.
Do all types of businesses need commercial general liability insurance in Toronto?
Yes, commercial general liability insurance is recommended for all Toronto businesses, regardless of industry or size. This is because this type of lawsuit can impact any business, so it is important to protect yourself financially.
Who can sue Toronto businesses for negligent acts causing an injury or property damage?
Anyone can sue a Toronto business if they are hurt or have their property damaged due to negligence, including:
- Service providers
- Random passersby
What’s the difference between commercial general liability insurance and other types of insurance?
Commercial general liability insurance is designed to protect Toronto businesses if they’re sued for causing injury or property damage to a third party due to negligent acts. Other types of insurance protect your company against other risks such as cyber and data breach liability and property damage to the business’ belongings.
Get a Toronto commercial general liability insurance quote or policy online today with Bullfrog Insurance.
How to get it
Simply fill out our short online questionnaire and we instantly provide you with multiple online insurance quotes based on your needs. All coverage options are standardized between insurance companies so all you have to do is compare insurance quotes based on price!Get a Quote Now
Why our customers love Bullfrog
Our customers love Bullfrog because we make insurance simple. Do it quickly online yourself or talk to one of our knowledgeable insurance brokers. We’re responsive and professional and our insurance coverage is quality and competitively priced.
Harassment Solutions INC / BC & AB
Due to a client’s request, and for the first time, I needed Commercial General Liability insurance, but I had no clue where to start. I Googled “CGL” and up came Bullfrog Insurance. Even though my needs were relatively small, due to the client needs, they had to be very specific. Every question I asked was answered by the Bullfrog insurance representative, Raman, who was very helpful. And then when I realized I needed more coverage, she didn’t flinch and let me know she’d get back to me right away. I got great coverage and all of it was done via email. Now I’ll know who to turn to for other small business insurance needs.
White Lilac INC. / Alberta
Thank you so much for your assistance, you made the process so painless. I have contacted other brokers before and they made it so complicated. Also, you were far more efficient!