Hassle Free Small Business Insurance
Instant Coverage. Rockstar Treatment. No Bull.
Get Small Business Insurance Within Minutes – Completely Online!
Running a small business is hard. It takes a lot of time and there are a lot of different parts to juggle. Bullfrog Insurance keeps insuring your small business simple. Get instant coverage, rockstar treatment, and no bull. Our Bullfrog small business commercial general liability policy includes:
- Property coverage
- Commercial general liability
- Non-owned automobile liability (for employees using their vehicles to run an errand)
Sound good? Get a small business insurance quote online.
Why Bullfrog for Small Business Insurance in Canada?
We aim to keep it simple for business owners while providing top-notch coverage and customer service.
Here are a few reasons to partner with Bullfrog for your small business insurance in Canada:
- Get a small business insurance quote or policy instantly.
- Take care of your insurance when and where it’s convenient for you.
- Deal with a real person, but only if you want to.
- Get great coverage at competitive prices.
- Have access to insurance experts.
How to Get a Small Business Insurance Quote Online
It’s easy with Bullfrog Insurance:
- Enter your profession, company name, contact information and postal code.
- Answer a few questions about your business operations.
- Select the coverage that’s right for your business.
And you’ll get your quotes! If you’re ready to buy a policy, just select your insurance provider of choice and proceed to payment. Once that’s done, you’re insured! Could it get any easier?
Why do small businesses in Canada need insurance?
Insurance helps reduce the financial impact of a lawsuit or unexpected disaster for Canadian small businesses.
In some cases, certain types of insurance are required by law or as part of a contract. For example, many contractors are expected to carry insurance by clients. This protects the client as well as the contractor.
What kind of insurance should a small business owner in Canada have?
The kind of insurance a small business owner in Canada should have depends on their individual business. Here at Bullfrog, we offer Canadian small business owners these types of insurance:
- Commercial general liability
- Property Insurance
The type of insurance your business needs will depend on your industry, operations, and risks. If you’re not sure what coverage your business needs, talk to one of the insurance experts at Bullfrog.
Types of Small Business Insurance in Canada Explained
Here’s a bit more info about small business insurance coverage:
- Commercial General Liability – helps cover costs if someone is hurt or has their property damaged due to negligent acts, such as if a customer slips on your premises and sues you.
- Professional liability – helps cover legal expenses if someone sues you for financial loss as a result of your professional advice or service (or failure to provide it).
- Cyber liability or cyber insurance – helps cover the cost of dealing with a cyber incident.
- Property insurance – covers repairs or replacement of property belonging to your business if it’s damaged or destroyed by a covered peril like fire.
- Crime coverage – helps cover expenses relating to crimes like forgery, employee theft and more.
- Equipment breakdown – covers the repair or replacement of essential equipment if it breaks down (due to mechanical or electrical issues – not covered by regular property insurance).
- Business interruption or income interruption coverage – helps replace lost income if you have a covered insurance claim or have a mandatory evacuation order issued at your place of business.
While this isn’t a comprehensive list of all types of small business insurance available in Canada, it is a great starting point for any small business.
General Liability Insurance for Small Businesses in Canada
General liability insurance is recommended for all small businesses in Canada. Why? This coverage protects your company from a wide range of liability claims caused by negligent acts, including:
- Property damage
- Bodily injury
- Harm to reputation
What are negligent acts? They’re typically defined as a failure to exercise appropriate care in specific circumstances.
Here are a few examples where this protection would come in handy:
- An employee accidentally damages a wall while in a client’s home.
- A client trips over a rough edge in your store and injures themselves.
- You write an article mentioning a competitor by name and they are upset.
How much insurance do I need for my small business in Canada?
As a small business owner, you want to avoid two things:
- Under-insuring your business, where you’ll be paying out of pocket when you could’ve had coverage.
- Over-insuring your business, where you’re paying for coverage you don’t need.
The questions we ask in our online small business insurance quote process help determine the right amount and type of insurance for your company’s needs.
Here are a few things to think about when figuring out how much insurance you need:
- How common are lawsuits in your industry?
- How much are claims/lawsuits worth in your industry?
- How common are lawsuits or property damage in your location or area of operation?
- How much could you afford to pay out of pocket if there was property damage or a lawsuit?
- Are there any areas of your business that have a risk for injury, damage or lawsuit?
- What could cause bodily injury or property damage to someone?
- How much can I afford to pay for insurance each year?
If you have questions, you can always reach out to our insurance experts.
How much does insurance cost for a small business in Canada?
Small business owners in Canada can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $5000 or more each year for insurance. The exact price will depend on your business, revenue, the risks, and the current insurance market.
What affects the cost of small business insurance in Canada?
Here are some of the factors that affect small business insurance rates in Canada:
- Your industry
- Your business operations
- Your company’s revenue
- Where your company is located
- Where your company operates
- How many employees you have
- Your insurance history
- Your insurance coverage options like deductible, policy limits, and coverages
Who has the cheapest small business insurance in Canada?
The insurer offering the cheapest small business insurance will depend on your company’s industry, operations and revenue. Remember that cheaper isn’t always better – you want to ensure you have adequate coverage as well as a great price.
With Bullfrog, you’ll get a quote from multiple small business insurance companies and be able to compare the cost and coverage.
How to Save Money on Small Business Insurance in Canada
There are a few ways you can save money on your small business insurance in Canada:
- Compare quotes from different insurance companies
- Bundle your insurance with a single insurer
- Raise your deductible
- Choose the right level of protection
- Identify and manage relevant risks to your business
Is small business insurance tax deductible?
According to the Canada Revenue Agency, small business insurance for buildings, machinery, and equipment is tax deductible.
Which professions need small business insurance?
All professions should have small business insurance. Bullfrog is proud to offer coverage for:
- Cleaning Services
- Construction Contractors
- Hairstylists and Barbers
- Interior Designer/Decorator
- Software Developers
- … and more