Running a small business is hard. It takes a lot of time and there are a lot of different parts to juggle. Bullfrog Insurance keeps insuring your small business simple. Get instant coverage, rockstar treatment, and no bull. Our Bullfrog small business commercial general liability policy can include:
- Property coverage
- Commercial general liability
- Non-owned automobile liability (for employees using their vehicles to run an errand)
Sound good? Get a small business insurance quote online.
Why Bullfrog for Small Business Insurance in Canada?
We aim to keep it simple for business owners while providing top-notch coverage and customer service.
Here are a few reasons to partner with Bullfrog for your small business insurance in Canada:
- Get a small business insurance quote or policy instantly online.
- Take care of your insurance when and where it’s convenient for you.
- Deal with a real person, but only if you want to.
- Get great coverage at competitive prices.
- Have access to insurance experts.
Plus, you’ll have your certificate of insurance right away if you purchase your policy with us. We make it quick and easy for small business owners to get insured.
How to Get a Small Business Insurance Quote Online
It’s easy with Bullfrog Insurance:
- Enter your profession, company name, contact information and postal code.
- Answer a few questions about your business operations.
- Select the coverage that’s right for your business.
And you’ll get your quotes! If you’re ready to buy a policy, just select your insurance provider of choice and proceed to payment. Once you’ve paid online, you’re insured! Could it get any easier?
Why do small businesses in Canada need insurance?
Insurance helps reduce the financial impact of a lawsuit or unexpected disaster for Canadian small businesses.
In some cases, certain types of insurance are required by law or as part of a contract. For example, many contractors are expected to carry insurance by clients. This protects the client as well as the contractor.
What kind of insurance should a small business owner in Canada have?
The kind of insurance a small business owner in Canada should have depends on their individual business. Here at Bullfrog, we offer Canadian small business owners these types of insurance:
- Commercial general liability
- Property Insurance
- Non-owned automobile liability
The type of insurance your business needs will depend on your industry, operations, and risks. If you’re not sure what coverage your business needs, talk to one of the insurance experts at Bullfrog.
Types of Small Business Insurance in Canada Explained
Here’s a bit more info about small business insurance coverage offered by Bullfrog in Canada:
- Commercial General L iability – helps cover costs if someone is hurt or has their property damaged due to negligent acts, such as if a customer slips on your premises and sues you.
- Property insurance – covers repairs or replacement of property belonging to your business if it’s damaged or destroyed by a covered peril like fire.
- Non-Owned Auto Coverage – covers your business if someone sues after an employee is at fault in an accident when driving their personal vehicle (for example, if they’re running a work-related errand).
General Liability Insurance for Small Businesses in Canada
General liability insurance is recommended for all small businesses in Canada. Why? This coverage protects your company from a wide range of liability claims caused by negligent acts from third parties, including:
- Property damage
- Bodily injury
- Harm to reputation
What are negligent acts? They’re typically defined as a failure to exercise appropriate care in specific circumstances. Third parties are anyone not employed by your business – customers, vendors, or random people on the street.
Here are a few examples where this protection would come in handy:
- An employee accidentally damages a wall while in a client’s home.
- A client trips over a rough edge in your store and injures themselves.
- You write an article mentioning a competitor by name and they are upset.
How much insurance do I need for my small business in Canada?
As a small business owner, you want to avoid two things:
- Under-insuring your business, where you’ll be paying out of pocket when you could’ve had coverage.
- Over-insuring your business, where you’re paying for coverage you don’t need.
The questions we ask in our online small business insurance quote process help determine the right amount and type of insurance for your company’s needs.
Here are a few things to think about when figuring out how much insurance you need:
- How common are lawsuits in your industry?
- How much are claims/lawsuits worth in your industry?
- How common are lawsuits or property damage in your location or area of operation?
- How much could you afford to pay out of pocket if there was property damage or a lawsuit?
- Are there any areas of your business that have a risk for injury, damage or lawsuit?
- What could cause bodily injury or property damage to someone?
- How much can I afford to pay for insurance each year?
If you have questions, you can always reach out to our insurance experts.
How much does insurance cost for a small business in Canada?
Small business owners in Canada can expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $5000 or more each year for insurance. The exact price will depend on your business, revenue, the risks, and the current insurance market.
What affects the cost of small business insurance in Canada?
Here are some of the factors that affect small business insurance rates in Canada:
- Your industry
- Your business operations
- Your company’s revenue
- Where your company is located
- Where your company operates
- How many employees you have
- Your insurance history
- Your insurance coverage options like deductible, policy limits, and coverages
Who has the cheapest small business insurance in Canada?
The insurer offering the cheapest small business insurance will depend on your company’s industry, operations and revenue. Remember that cheaper isn’t always better – you want to ensure you have adequate coverage as well as a great price.
With Bullfrog, you’ll get a quote from multiple small business insurance companies and be able to compare the cost and coverage.
How to save money on small business insurance in Canada
There are a few ways you can save money on your small business insurance in Canada:
- Compare quotes from different insurance companies
- Bundle your insurance with a single insurer
- Raise your deductible
- Choose the right level of protection
- Identify and manage relevant risks to your business
Is small business insurance tax deductible?
According to the Canada Revenue Agency, small business insurance for buildings, machinery, and equipment is tax deductible.
Which professions need small business insurance?
All professions should have small business insurance. Bullfrog is proud to offer coverage for:
- Cleaning Services
- Construction Contractors
- Hairstylists and Barbers
- Interior Designer/Decorator
- Software Developers
- … and more
Where we offer
Locations where we currently offer small business insurance coverage in Canada:
Why our customers love Bullfrog
Our customers love Bullfrog because we make insurance simple. Do it quickly online yourself or talk to one of our knowledgeable insurance brokers. We’re responsive and professional and our insurance coverage is quality and competitively priced.
Harassement Solutions Inc.
Due to a client’s request, and for the first time, I needed Commercial general liability insurance, but I had no clue where to start. I googled “CGL” and up came Bullfrog Insurance. Even though my needs were relatively small, due to the client needs, they had to be very specific. Every question I asked was answered by the Bullfrog insurance representative, Raman, who was very helpful. And then, when I realized I needed more coverage, she didn’t flinch and let me know she’d get back to me right away. I got great coverage and all of it was done via email. Now I’ll know who to turn to for other small business insurance needs.