Ontario Commercial General Liability Insurance Coverage
With Ontario commercial general liability insurance, your legal expenses will be covered if your business is sued for causing bodily injury or property damage to a third party due to negligence.
- Legal Expenses – Includes defense costs, judgement awards, and settlements.
- Bodily Injury – Physical harm to an individual.
- Property Damage – Damage or loss to a third party’s property.
- Third Party – Anyone who isn’t employed by your business such as a client, vendor, service-provider or random person.
- Negligence – Actions that do not reflect due care being taken in a specific circumstance.
All of Bullfrog’s policies are occurrence-based. This means that as long as the incident occurred during your insured period, you’ll be covered if you’re sued, even if the lawsuit comes later.
For example, let’s say you’re insured with us for two years. Someone slips, falls and hurts themselves at the start of the second year. You’ve decided to sell your business, so you’ve cancelled your insurance at the end of the second year. A few months after that, you’re sued by that person who fell. You’d be covered as you were insured when the incident happened.